San Francisco's Waterfront Retreat
Located in the Financial District just steps from the Embarcadero, the Harbor Court Hotel radiates San Francisco’s quintessential urban style. Elegant yet youthfully edgy, this boutique waterfront retreat boasts postcard-perfect views of San Francisco Bay and a host of complimentary services and amenities, including free WiFi, house bicycles, morning newspapers and lively wine and beer receptions every evening.
In the shadow of the sparkling Bay Bridge and a short stroll from the food-centric Ferry Building Marketplace, the Harbor Court Hotel delights its guests with modern rooms featuring luxe Frette linens, award-winning Japanese cuisine at Ozumo. Add a nightly hosted wine hour and it’s hard to imagine a sweeter spot to recharge.
First, though, a little history…
In another life, our boutique waterfront hotel was a 400-room Army-Navy YMCA residence. Built in 1926 in the Spanish Colonial Revival style, our eight-story architectural gem proudly served soldiers returning from war. Later, it served Embarcadero-area residents as one of the YMCA’s premier health and wellness centers. In 1991, Kimpton Hotels bought the building and transformed it into an elegant 131-room boutique hotel while preserving the building’s exquisite exterior. The removal of the elevated Embarcadero Freeway, damaged during the Loma Prieta earthquake, further enhanced our Steuart Street showplace, revealing stunning, unobstructed views of San Francisco Bay and a revitalized neighborhood that’s become one of the city’s most in-demand urban centers. In 2015, OLS Hotels & Resorts assumed management of this iconic Embarcadero landmark, ushering in a new era of style and sophistication in the heart of downtown San Francisco.
Our services and amenities include:
- iHome, iron and ironing board, extra pillows, salon quality hairdryer, lighted makeup mirror and other comforts of home
- Hosted wine and beer hour each evening in the hotel's living room
- Discounted access to Embarcadero YMCA (nominal fee applies)
- Complimentary morning artisanal coffee and teas
- On-site 24-hour valet parking (with in/out privileges)
- Minibar stocked with gourmet local treats
- Same-day dry cleaning/laundry service
- Complimentary morning newspapers
- Essential travel items at the ready
- PUBLIC-brand bikes on loan
- In-room dining from Ozumo
- 24-hour Business Center